Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Book review - onyx jennifer L armentrout

Onyx (Lux, #2)Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Aug 3 - September 17
Summary - Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…

Review - I read the first one in April and fell in love with daemon and the concept of aliens made of light .this book was amazing Daemon and Katy are connected and Daemon wants to be with Katy but Katy thinks its only cause of the connection. but there is a new guy in town his name is Blake him and Katy get along well and we learn some things about him Also we find out Blake isn't what we think oh and Katy is mutated because daemon healed her and Blake is just like Katy . Blake starts to train Katy to use her abilities daemon doesn't trust Blake things they discovered like Dawson daemons brother is alive and so is Beth and Beth is kind of crazy .Katy mom's boyfriend is also Beth's uncle WTF . and blake went crazy and handed simon over to the DOD what thats kind of crazy dee and adam came to pick up katy and well Adam died I was so sad i liked adam and dee together . After that katy and daemon finally get together i was happy but sad about Adam . will drugged Katy and put her In a cage he wants to be mutated to and so daemon kind of heals him and then Katy and daemon leave to find Dawson .but he isn't there but when they get back he's there at the house I was like WTF OMG I can't wait to read the next one .
Favorite quotes.
This was a bad idea I whispered it was probably the smartest Idea you've ever had I rubbed my palms on my hips. It's going to take a lot more than thanksgiving dinner and a Christmas tree to get laid .Damn there goes my whole plan
Onyx by Jennifer L armentrout page 150

Ew ! Dee's face scrunched up. Can we not talk about how good he is at anything that will force me into therapy later ? Thank you.
Onyx jennifer . L armentrout page 262

Words were the most powerful tool . Simple and so often underestimated . They could heal. They could destroy .
Onyx by Jennifer . L armentrout. Page 223

View all my reviews

No comments :

Followers

Blog Archive