Monday, November 18, 2013

Book review - is everyone hanging out without me ? by Mindy Kaling


Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns)Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

 summarry  Mindy Kaling has lived many lives: the obedient child of immigrant professionals, a timid chubster afraid of her own bike, a Ben Affleck–impersonating Off-Broadway performer and playwright, and, finally, a comedy writer and actress prone to starting fights with her friends and coworkers with the sentence “Can I just say one last thing about this, and then I swear I’ll shut up about it?” 
 
Perhaps you want to know what Mindy thinks makes a great best friend (someone who will fill your prescription in the middle of the night), or what makes a great guy (one who is aware of all elderly people in any room at any time and acts accordingly), or what is the perfect amount of fame (so famous you can never get convicted of murder in a court of law), or how to maintain a trim figure (you will not find that information in these pages). If so, you’ve come to the right book, mostly!
 
In Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?, Mindy invites readers on a tour of her life and her unscientific observations on romance, friendship, and Hollywood, with several conveniently placed stopping points for you to run errands and make phone calls. Mindy Kaling really is just a Girl Next Door—not so much literally anywhere in the continental United States, but definitely if you live in India or Sri Lanka.








review-I  don’t  read books like  this like  ever but  I love  mindy  as  a person  and her show  the mindy  project this  book  made me  laugh  I have  so many  lines  highlighted   they  made me  laugh   I  watch  mindy’s  show  the  mindy  project   and she  is  exactly  as  funny   in  written  form   I feel like  I can  relate  to her   being  a  curvy girl  myself  and  being  made  fun  of   harsh  right   or  when she  hit  her  best friend  in a production she  was  doing   she  gives you a great  laugh  I’d  say if your going to read this   read it  with the audio  book  it’s so much  better   mindy is  an  awesome  person  she talks how  she  got to write for the  tv show the office   it’s  one of those books  you can  read   and  say  can  I be  best friends  with her  .

favorite  quotes

“Teenage girls, please don’t worry about being super popular in high school, or being the best actress in high school, or the best athlete. Not only do people not care about any of that the second you graduate, but when you get older, if you reference your successes in high school too much, it actually makes you look kind of pitiful, like some babbling old Tennessee Williams character with nothing else going on in her current life. What I’ve noticed is that almost no one who was a big star in high school is also big star later in life. For us overlooked kids, it’s so wonderfully fair.”


There are many teenage vampire books you could have purchased instead. I'm grateful you made this choice.”


View all my reviews

No comments :

Followers

Blog Archive