Monday, April 20, 2015

Book review - Pandemium by Lauren oliver

Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Read from March 19- April 19
The old life is dead.

But the old Lena is dead too.

I buried her.

I left her beyond a fence, behind a wall of smoke and flame.

In this electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller Delirium, Lauren Oliver sets Lena on a dangerous course that hurtles through the unregulated Wilds and into the heart of a growing resistance movement. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.


 THIS REVIEW CONTAINS  SPOILERS



Review - Oh my god So I loved Delirium I read it last summer and loved the premise of it I did have a hard time to the start it was a little slow but then it got very good so I did enjoy that it was told in then and now for Lena so when we first see Lena she is running and then we meet raven and invalid who saves Lena . Lena was going though allot losing Alex knowing her entire life was a lie . there were some characters I'm still not sure about Raven she thinks one way which isn't always right . Tack I don't really know anything really about him. Lena is going through the motions in the wilds and now she's in New York posing as a cured girl and she meets Julian fineman the son of Thomas fineman who is the head of the DFA when Lena is going to the big meeting for the DFA the scavengers attack scavengers aren't like invalids they are bad and crazy. She gets taken by the scavengers and put with Julian I wasn't sure about Julian but I grew to like him him and Lena started to connect and Julian tells Lena about his brother who was against his father and died because of his father lets just put it this way Julian's father is freaking evil . All the cured are the people in the wilds call them zombies and that is very true so Julian and Lena are stuck in this kind of like a prison Julian gets attacked by the scavengers Lena tells him the truth and I was like Lena you really don't know this guy how do you know he won't do something but Julian and Lena escape they fight of scavengers they meet people who help them out and Lena finds them a spot for them to hide out until they are attacked . And Julian is taken and so is Lena then raven shows up she set up the kidnapping what the hell raven and Julian is going to be executed WTF I really started to like them together so Lena goes to save him without anyone which I thought was stupid. And then we find out Lena mom was the woman who took her oh my god so Lena gets to the hospitable and then shots are fired Raven . They get Julian out and the ending which I kind of saw coming Alex is alive I just want to say this book was awesome I am so looking forward to know what happens in the last book and how is Alex alive ? .
Quotes-
I have had to give up so much , so many selves and lives already . I have grown up and out of the rubble of my old lives , of the things and people I have cared for : My mom Grace . Hana . Alex .
and now Julian .
This is not who I wanted to be .
page 326

But...books are so much more. Some of them are webs; you can feel your way along their threads, but just barely, into strange and dark corners. Some of them are balloons bobbing up through the sky: totally self-contained, and unreachable, but beautiful to watch.
And some of them―the best ones―are doors.”

“Old words; words that nearly brought me to my knees.

Live free or die

Grief is like sinking, like being buried. I am in water tawny color of kicked up dirt Every breath is full of choking. there is nothing to hold on to, no sides, no way to claw myself up. there is nothing left to do but let go.



View all my reviews

No comments :

Followers

Blog Archive