Friday, September 11, 2015

Book review : The assassin and the empire by Sarah J. Mass *SPOILERS*

The Assassin and the Empire (Throne of Glass, #0.5)The Assassin and the Empire by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

September 8-11
Celaena Sardothien is the assassin with everything: a place to call her own, the love of handsome Sam, and, best of all, freedom. Yet, she won’t be truly free until she is far away from her old master, Arobynn Hamel; Celaena must take one last daring assignment that will liberate her forever. But having it all, means you have a lot to lose . . .

This fourth fantastic e-novella gives readers an inside look at the characters who appear in the full-length novel Throne of Glass. Don’t miss out!

Review - The last novella broke my heart in pieces this was my favorite I loved Sam and Celaena in this book so cute . Sam and Celaena go to arobyn to get out of the guild so they can leave Celena gives him money. And they get work to kill these terrible people and Aroybyn tries to stop her from doing it cause there that crazy but I don't trust Aroybyn now even more after what he did . Sam goes to kill these guys when Celaena is supose to be packing I knew something bad was going to go down and he was killed yeah I was sobbing at this point I wanted to know who killed him . Celaena goes after the guys who killed Sam but it was a trap and she is sentenced to go to the salt mines I cried the most in the one  I can't  believe  Arobyn  was involed in  killing Sam  ugh  I hate him .   But this my favorite of them all . Now onto throne of glass

Quotes-
“She would tuck Sam into her heart, a bright light for her to take out whenever things were darkest.
And then she would remember how it had felt to be loved, when the world held nothing but possibility. No matter what they did to her, they could never take that away.
She would not break.
And someday ... someday, even it took her until her last breath, she'd find out who had done this to her. To Sam.”
He removed her hand from his cheek to kiss the tips of her fingers.
"

I get scared, too," he murmured onto her skin. "You want to hear something ridiculous? Whenever I'm scared out of my wits, I tell myself: My name is Sam Cortland ... and I will not be afraid. I've been doing it for years."
It was her turn to raise her brows. "And that actually works?"
He laughed onto her fingers. "Sometimes it does, Sometimes it doesn't. But usually it makes me feel better to some degree. Or just makes me laugh at myself a bit.”


But she squared her shoulders. Straightened her spine.

“My name is Celaena Sardothien,” she whispered, “and I will not be afraid.”



View all my reviews

No comments :

Followers

Blog Archive