Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Book Review : Impuse by Ellen Hopkins SPOILERS

Impulse (Impulse, #1)Impulse by Ellen Hopkins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Verdict : Beautifully  written  
May 11- June 19

Sometimes you don't wake up. But if you happen to, you know things will never be the same.

Three lives, three different paths to the same destination: Aspen Springs, a psychiatric hospital for those who have attempted the ultimate act -- suicide.

Vanessa is beautiful and smart, but her secrets keep her answering the call of the blade.

Tony, after suffering a painful childhood, can only find peace through pills.

And Conner, outwardly, has the perfect life. But dig a little deeper and find a boy who is in constant battle with his parents, his life, himself.

In one instant each of these young people decided enough was enough. They grabbed the blade, the bottle, the gun -- and tried to end it all. Now they have a second chance, and just maybe, with each other's help, they can find their way to a better life -- but only if they're strong and can fight the demons that brought them here in the first place.

Review : This book was beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time it's about 3 people Vanessa , Tony , and Conner who all have been through a lot and find themselves all in mental hospital and all become friends and some more than that . They each all have problems Vanessa is a cutter who tried to kill herself and Conner put a bullet through his chest . Tony had a bad childhood and resorted to pills . I feel a lot of people can relate to this book we've all been through something . Conner has a taste for older woman and slept with his teacher Connors's family has very high exceptions for him he has a fraternal twin sister and a bitch mother . Tony went to Jail awhile ago for punching his mom's boyfriend who use to do things to him . Vanessa likes Conner and there pretty hot and heavy for awhile but what I didn't expect was Tony and vanessa together but I love them together they go to this camping trip so they can complete there time at aspen spring . Conner is going through a lot his family being not supportive pieces of crap . And Tony and Vanessa are all lovey dovey so cute I love them together they care for each other. I thought Tony was gay in the most of the book and so did he but maybe he's Bi . And when they are rock climbing after they get there letters from there family Conner of course got a crappy one from his mom and he got angry and he flung himself off and died I started sobbing cause he went through a lot this book was heartbreaking there are probably a lot of trigger warnings in this book so be warned but as my first Ellen Hopkins book I loved it .
Quotes-
I love you , too Vanessa , and in my life , love is rare . You are rare -someone who bothered to scratch under my skin and find the person beneath.

Hey , Tony , I test . I'll give you a kiss too, if you say please .
You wish , he jabs . But I prefer a man who likes to be on top.
ouch little brother I like it on top and on the bottom and standing up . And ...oh , man I gotta stop or jerk off.

Memory is a tenuous thing , like a rainbow's end or a camera with a failing lens. Sometimes my focus is sharp , every detail clean as the splashes of it either, fringing the evaluation eaves ; other times it's hazy field of frost , like the meadow

My happiest memories have no place in the past; they are those I have yet to create

Her smile is like summer moonlight-beautiful and magical, with a fire that could melt the night

Tony's Kiss

Is like no other kiss, ever.
It wants, but does not demand.
It asks, but doesn't take.
It gives, and pleads for more.
It is filled with desire,
but also curiosity,
and it teaches me that a kiss should
come gift wrapped, not stripped naked. Most of all,
it makes me want another kiss
exactly like this one.”





No comments :

Followers

Blog Archive