Thursday, September 22, 2016

Book Review : A court of thorns and roses by Sarah J. Maas SPOILERS

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Verdict  :  Amazing   and beautiful
May 13- September 22

he stole a life. Now she must pay with her heart.

When nineteen-year-old huntress Feyre kills a wolf in the woods, a beast-like creature arrives to demand retribution. Dragged to a treacherous magical land she knows about only from legends, Feyre discovers that her captor is not an animal, but Tamlin—one of the lethal, immortal faeries who once ruled their world.

As she dwells on his estate, her feelings for Tamlin transform from icy hostility into a fiery passion that burns through every lie and warning she's been told about the beautiful, dangerous world of the Fae. But an ancient, wicked shadow over the faerie lands is growing, and Feyre must find a way to stop it . . . or doom Tamlin—and his world—forever.

Review : I read my first Sarah J. Maas book and it was amazing and beautiful this is a beauty and the beast retelling and I was super excited to read this cause beauty and the beast is one of my favorite movies . Fayre ends up killing a fey which is against the rules and she ends up having to live with the fey we meet Tamilin who I love Feyre is trying to get out of the treaty but she can't there is no getting out of it she ends up trapping a surriel he ends up telling her to stay with Tamlin that it would be safer . There is a blight that stuck them with masks . I love Lucian and Tamlin there just awesome guy characters. Things start get hot and steamy with Tamlin and Fayre she was at this party which she wasn't supposed to be at and these fey stop her and she was rescued by this beautiful fey . Lucian sees her and takes her so Tamlin won't find her cause the magic is so intense that it makes him want her and he finds her and bites her neck . A fey wings were taken off and Feyre comforts the fairy cause she didn't want him to die alone. We meet Rhysand who was the fey that saved feyre he's the high lord of the night court and he makes Tamlin beg for him not to tell Amarantha about Feyre . Tamlin has to send Feyra away he tells her he loves but she doesn't say it back. But she's in love with him and they end up making love and she leaves to go home her sister knows that she wasn't with some fake aunt and tells her to go back and when she goes back to him but the house is empty and Alis tells her about the curse that Amaratha put on them and Tamlin was supposed to fall in love with a human that killed one of his men and if she said I love you it would of been broken so she goes to him and Amaratha makes her do these tasks and she makes a deal with Rhysand cause he saved her life and there is this riddle that she has to solve and at the final task which was killing faries which was hard for her the last one was Tamlin and I'm sobbing like no no no but she figures it out his heart is stone and he doesn't die and she figures out the riddle while Amarantha is trying to kill her it's love and it breaks the spell and Tamlin kills Amarantha but Feyra almost dies but they save her by making her high fey this book was amazing and I loved it .
Quotes:
“I love you,’ he whispered, and kissed my brow. ‘Thorns and all.”

Don't feel bad for one moment about doing what brings you joy.”

“Rhysand stared at me for long enough that I faced him.
"Be glad of your human heart, Feyre. Pity those who don't feel anything at all.”

There are those who seek me a lifetime but never we meet,
And those I kiss but who trample me beneath ungrateful feet.

At times I seem to favor the clever and the fair,
But I bless all those who are brave enough to dare.

By large, my ministrations are soft-handed and sweet,
But scorned, I become a difficult beast to defeat.

For though each of my strikes lands a powerful blow,
When I kill, I do it slow... ”

Would you like me to grovel with gratitude for bringing me here, High Lord?"

"Ah. The Suriel told you nothing important, did it?"

That smile of his sparked something bold in my chest. "He also said that you liked being brushed, and if I'm a clever girl, I might train you with treats."

Tamlin tipped his head to the sky and roared with laughter. Despite myself, I let out a quiet laugh.

"I might die of surprise," Lucien said behind me. "You made a joke, Feyre."

I turned to look at him with a cool smile. "You don't want to know what the Suriel said about you." I flicked my brows up, and Lucien lifted his hands in defeat.

"I'd pay good money to hear what the Suriel thinks of Lucien," Tamlin said.

A cork popped, followed by the sounds of Lucien chugging the bottle's contents and chuckling with a muttered, "Brushed.”

Because I wouldn't want to die alone," I said, and my voice wobbled as I looked at Tamlin again, forcing myself to meet his stare. "Because I'd want someone to hold my hand until the end, and awhile after that.
That's something everyone deserves, human or faerie.”

I heard you scream,” he said as he examined the blade in my hands. I’d never held one so finely crafted, so perfectly balanced. “And I hesitated. Not long, but I hesitated before I came running. Even though Tam got there in time, I still broke my word in those seconds I waited.” He jerked his chin at the knife. “It’s yours. Don’t bury it in my back, please

Blood filled my mouth, warm as it dribbled out between my lips. I gazed at Tamlin's masked face one last time.

"Love," I breathed, the world crumbling into a blackness with no end. A pause in Amarantha's magic. "The answer to the riddle...," I got out, chocking on my own blood, "is... love."

Tamlin's eyes went wide before something forever cracked in my spine.”





No comments :

Followers

Blog Archive