Monday, August 05, 2013

Book review - the fault of our stars by John green

The Fault in Our StarsThe Fault in Our Stars by John Green
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Read fromJuly 28-August 5
Summary - Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

Review - so people have told me for awhile to read this book that its amazing but it will make you cry this is about hazel grace she has a tumor and she is in this support group and she doesn't want to be there until she sees a boy Augustus waters oh I love him this story will make you cry and laugh I loved hazel and I felt bad for her at the same time when Augustus and hazel integrated I love it Augustus has one leg but he's not sick anymore Augustus and hazel hang out allot Augustus loves hazel romantically but hazel doesn't want to hurt him cause she will die she gives Augustus a book recommendation and they both talk of the love of this story and they use cancer perks to meet the author that was a mistake he was an asshole and that's Is me being kind he was rude to Augustus and Hazel so they left and went to the Ann frank musame that's where they had there first kiss and I loved them being in love but then things go bad when Hazel learns that Augustus is still sick and close to dying when he dies it was terrible I cried for about 5 min don't read this book in public you will look crazy but at the end of this book with the letter to that author I was crying this was an amazing book I would re read this .
Favorite quotes
“Augustus Waters was a self-aggrandizing bastard. But we forgive him. We forgive him not because he had a heart as figuratively good as his literal one sucked, or because he knew more about how to hold a cigarette than any nonsmoker in history, or because he got eighteen years when he should've gotten more.'
'Seventeen,' Gus corrected.
'I'm assuming you've got some time, you interupting bastard.
'I'm telling you,' Isaac continued, 'Augustus Waters talked so much that he'd interupt you at his own funeral. And he was pretentious: Sweet Jesus Christ, that kid never took a piss without pondering the abundant metaphorical resonances of human waste production. And he was vain: I do not believe I have ever met a more physically attractive person who was more acutely aware of his own physical attractiveness.
'But I will say this: When the scientists of the future show up at my house with robot eyes and they tell me to try them on, I will tell the scientists to screw off, because I do not want to see a world without him.'
I was kind of crying by then.”
― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book. And then there are books like An Imperial Affliction, which you can't tell people about, books so special and rare and yours that advertising your affection feels like betrayal”

Oh I wouldn't mind hazel grace . It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you. Page 176


View all my reviews

No comments :

Followers

Blog Archive