Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Book Review : Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher SPOILERS

Mud VeinMud Vein by Tarryn Fisher
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Verdict  :  Insane  and amazing
Febuary 10 - March 10


When reclusive novelist Senna Richards wakes up on her thirty-third birthday, everything has changed. Caged behind an electrical fence, locked in a house in the middle of the snow, Senna is left to decode the clues to find out why she was taken. If she wants her freedom, she has to take a close look at her past. But, her past has a heartbeat... and her kidnapper is nowhere to be found. With her survival hanging by a thread, Senna soon realizes this is a game. A dangerous one. Only the truth can set her free.


Review- This book has giving me a emotional book hangover . What if love was put to the test ?
When Senna Richards wakes up in the middle of no where with no memory of how she got there she looks around and finds Isaac who is from her past . This is all a game which they have to solve Senna has to dig into her past they are locked in a house with limited food and heat This book was amazing the writing is beautiful I love Issac he's a doctor who use to be a drummer and he has very interesting tattoo's he says things that are so beautiful . I was racking my brain to understand who would put them there and why and I couldn't figure it out . They figured out the code and were able to go outside not that it did any good with an electrical fence . We go into Senna's past when she met Isaac in very bad way Senna was raped on Christmas and as she was running out of the woods she meets Isaac . Isaac becomes her "Friend" Senna doesn't have friends for reasons but he takes care of her helps her eat gets her to leave her place when she's to scared to . Then Senna goes to the doctor and finds out she has breast cancer she finds comfort in Isaac and she goes to a therapist and talks about her past and her ex boyfriend Nick he's a writer they went out for awhile until Nick didn't want her anymore Isaac reads Nick's book to her it's like one big love letter to Senna she couldn't read the entire thing cause she doesn't like living in the past and Nick is her past . Senna starts having dreams of the rapist and Isaac comforts her . Issac's tattoo's are amazing he believes that soul mate and a love of your life is completely different cause one is a choice and one isn't he tells Senna he loves her when they go to the carousel and they have sex but then Senna files a restraining order on him WTF . Nick's book is about Senna telling his side of the story and I loved hearing about it he told Senna that she has a mud vein . Back in the present they can go outside but they can't leave they are trapped the power goes out and Isaac almost dies twice I was crying so much in this book . They end up having sex on the table where Senna finds a well with more food but she breaks her leg . On Christmas they get the gift of power back and a box with her book Nick's book and her mom's book . Isaac get's really sick and I was sure he was going to die and I crying and freaking out until the zookeeper shows up and it turns out to be a woman her therapist I didn't see that coming but she says her goodbye to him and she takes him to a hospital they find Senna and take her back Senna wants to talk to the dragon and asks her why other than she was crazy . She gets in contact with Nick and they talk and she's not in love with him anymore she has Cancer again and she's going to die she goes to see Isaac and he tells her he's in love with her she leaves town but gets a gift from Isaac another mix tape and she sends him a letter I loved this book I could say so much more it's just a beautiful fucked up book.
Quotes-
What's the difference ? I asked him . " Between the love of your life and your soulmate? one is a choice and one is not .

People lie . They use you and they lie , all they while feeding you bullshit about being loyal and never leaving you. No one can make that promise , because life is about season , and seasons change . I hate change . You can't rely on it , you can only rely on the fact it will happen . But before it does , and before you learn , you feel good about their stupid bullshit promises . You choose to believe them , because you need to . You go through a warm summer where everything is beautiful and there are no clouds - just warmth , warmth , warmth . You believe in a person's permanence because humans have a tendency to stick to you when life is good . I call them honey summers . I've had enough honey summers in life to know that people leave you when winter comes . When life frosts you over and you'e shivering and layering on as much protection as you can just to survive . you don't even notice it at first . The cold makes you too numb to see clearly . Then all of a sudden you look up and the snow is starting to melt , and you realize you spent the winter alone . That makes me mad as hell / Mad enough to leave people before they left me . That's what I did with Nick . That's what I tried to do with Isaac . Except he wouldn't leave He stayed all winter .

Tell me a truth, Senna."
"I don't know how."
"Then tell me a lie."
"I don't love you."
"The truth is for the mind," he says. "Lies are for the heart. So let's just keep lying.”


There is a string that connects us that is not visible to the eye. Maybe every person has more than one soul they are connected to, and all over the world there are those invisible strings… Maybe the chances that you’ll find each and every one of your soul mates is slim. But sometimes you’re lucky enough to stumble across one. And you feel a tug. And it’s not so much a choice to love them though their flaws and through your differences, but rather you love them without even trying. You love their flaws.”


I dropped my eyes into his hand and snuck another look at the tattoos words ---- I could just make out the tip of them . My eyes slid up the sleeves of his shirt and rested on his neck . I didn't want to look in his eyes when I handed him my keys . A doctor who loved words. Imagine that.
I was curious . What did a man who had held a screaming woman all night have written on his body ?
That's why writers write—to say things loudly with ink. To give feet to thoughts; to make quiet, still feelings loudly heard.”

“Love doesn’t leave. It bears all things”

No comments :

Followers

Blog Archive