Friday, December 09, 2016

Book Review: Carry the ocean by heidi cullinan SPOILERS

Carry the Ocean (The Roosevelt, #1)Carry the Ocean by Heidi Cullinan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

December 6-9

Normal is just a setting on the dryer.

High school graduate Jeremey Samson is looking forward to burying his head under the covers and sleeping until it’s time to leave for college. Then a tornado named Emmet Washington enters his life. The double major in math and computer science is handsome, forward, wicked smart, interested in dating Jeremey—and he’s autistic.

But Jeremey doesn’t judge him for that. He’s too busy judging himself, as are his parents, who don’t believe in things like clinical depression. When his untreated illness reaches a critical breaking point, Emmet is the white knight who rescues him and brings him along as a roommate to The Roosevelt, a quirky new assisted living facility nearby.

As Jeremey finds his feet at The Roosevelt, Emmet slowly begins to believe he can be loved for the man he is behind the autism. But before he can trust enough to fall head over heels, he must trust his own conviction that friendship is a healing force, and love can overcome any obstacle.

Warning: Contains characters obsessed with trains and counting, positive representations of autism and mental illness, a very dark moment, and Elwood Blues.

Review : I loved this book . This is about two boys Emmett and Jeremey . Emmet is austisic and Jememey has anxiety and depression . Emmett has a crush on Jeremey and finally talks to him but Jeremey ends up having a panic attack and they end up becoming friends they hang out and talk . Emmett comes over Jeremey house for a dinner and Emmett tells Jeremey he likes him and Emmett helps Jeremey clean his room so he can kiss him and he does it was so cute . Emmett and Jeremey want to move into together since Jeremey is being forced to go to college . Emmett and Jeremey get caught by jeremey mom cuddling and Jeremey has a panic attack and he ends up trying to kill himself and he ends up having to go to a hospital and he's trying to get better and him and Emmett are going to be living in this apartment for people with mental health and want to be independent and in a group meeting it goes crazy with Jeremey's parents but Jeremey ends up going to a group home where he is roomed with an austisic boy Emmett knows . Jeremey has his good days and his bad days Emmett worries for Jeremey they officially move into together and they end up having sex wow that was hot . Jeremey is trying to get a job when a quad moves into the apartment and Emmett doesn't like him but one day Jeremey said he would watch David when his aid was away and they get to talking and Jeremey gets offered a job to be with David hang out with him and Emmett gets mad and goes home and Jeremey gets sad Emmett says he's sorry . Emmett ends up punching David and they talk and they all end up becoming friends . Jeremey is trying to concour Target and he finally does and Emmett , Jeremey , and David do a flash mob it was awesome . The ending of this book was so cute I loved it .

Quotes:
sometimes I feel like everyone else is carrying a bucket of water but I’m trying to carry an ocean. its very hard. sometimes I would rather not carry my ocean, even if it meant I couldn’t be alive.”
I am normal. I belong. I have a friend who can kick ass from a wheelchair. I live independently and get good grades. I'm an excellent lover.

Like I said. I'm awesome. I'm Emmet David Washington. Train Man. The best autistic Blues Brother on the block.”

my emotions feel loud and big. its hard for me to keep hold of them. they weigh me down. make me heavy and tired and overwhelmed. sometimes I feel like everyone else is carrying a bucket of water but I’m trying to carry an ocean. its very hard. sometimes I would rather not carry my ocean, even if it meant I couldn’t be alive.”


Sometimes I liked him for his smile. Sometimes I liked him because he didn’t smile. Sometimes I got an erection because of the way he brushed his hair away from his face. It didn’t matter to my brain that these were odd reasons to care for someone. My brain, my body, my everything wanted to be Jeremey’s boyfriend.”

"when you have an invisible disease , your sickness isn't your biggest problem. what you end up battling more than Anything else, every single day is other people"



View all my reviews

No comments :

Followers

Blog Archive