Friday, December 09, 2016

Book review: Shadow and bone Leigh bardugo SPOILERS

Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1)Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

August 13-November 8

Alina Starkov doesn't expect much from life. Orphaned by the Border Wars, she is sure of only one thing: her best friend, Mal--and her inconvenient crush on him. Until the day their army regiment enters the Fold, a swath of unnatural darkness crawling with monsters. When their convoy is attacked and Mal is brutally injured, Alina reveals a dormant power not even she knew existed.

Ripped from everything she knows, Alina is taken to the royal court to be trained as a member of the Grisha, the magical elite led by the mysterious Darkling. With Alina's extraordinary power in his arsenal, he believes they can finally destory the Fold. Now Alina must find a way to master her untamed gift and somehow fit into her new life without Mal by her side. But nothing in this lavish world is what it seems. As the threat to the kingdom mounts and her dangerous attraction to the Darkling grows, Alina will uncover a secret that could tear her heart--and her country--in two.

Review : This book was really good I had heard lots of good things about this series and thought I'd check it out . This is about Alina she lives in a world where certain people have these interesting powers like clear your skin or stop your heart . Alina and her friend who she may have feelings for they are going over the fold which is this evil dangerous part and they get attacked and Alina saves Mal and Alina is dragged to talk to the darkling who is evil and crazy he tells her she is grisha she is a sun summoner and she is taken with the darking to his castle and alina meets another grisha who can clean skin she works for the queen . The darkling is a very interesting character he's really crazy . Alina gets trained by bagra with her powers. The writing is very magical I loved the characters there all so interesting . Alina is writing letters to Mal but she never gets answers back and she's worried about him . The darkling and and Alina are getting closer they kiss oh my god . and Mal ends up showing up at the castle and her and Mal get it a fight . Bagera tells Alina about the darkling she's his son and he created the fold and she escapes . And Mal finds her so there on the run together . They find the stag and the darkling finds them he threatens to kill Mal . Mal and Alina kiss , others find out the darklings plan and they think he will save them all I really enjoyed this book .
Favorite Quotes:
“I missed you every hour. And you know what the worst part was? It caught me completely by surprise. I'd catch myself just walking around to find you, not for any reason, just out of habit, because I'd seen something that I wanted to tell you about or because I wanted to hear your voice. And then I'd realize that you weren't there anymore, and every time, every single time, it was like having the wind knocked out of me. I've risked my life for you. I've walked half the length of Ravka for you, and I'd do it again and again and again just to be with you, just to starve with you and freeze with you and hear you complain about hard cheese every day. So don't tell me why we don't belong together," he said fiercely.”

I'm not like you, Mal. I never really fit in the way you did. I never really belonged anywhere."
"You belonged with me.

“You're shaking."

"I'm not used to people trying to kill me."

"Really? I hardly notice anymore.”

“Did you miss me, Alina? Did you miss me when you were gone?"
"Every day," I said hoarsely.
"I missed you every hour. And you know what the worst part was? It caught me completely by surprise. I'd catch myself walking around to find you, not for any reason, just out of habit, because I'd seen something I wanted to tell you about, or because I just wanted to hear your voice. And then I'd realize that you weren't there anymore, and every time, every single time, it was like having the wind knocked out of me. I've risked my life for you. I've walked half the length of Ravka for you, and I'd do it again and again and again just to be with you, just to starve with you and freeze with you and hear you complain about hard cheese every day. So don't tell me we don't belong together," he said fiercely. He was very close now, and my heart was suddenly hammering in my chest. "I'm sorry it took me so long to see you, Alina. But I see you now.





View all my reviews

1 comment :

Rebecca said...

Great review! I really liked this series. Do you plan on continuing? Hope so!
Rebecca @ The Portsmouth Review
Follow me on Bloglovin'

Followers

Blog Archive