Sunday, January 22, 2017

Book review : If I was your girl by Meredith Russo SPOILERS

If I Was Your GirlIf I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

January 16- 22

Amanda Hardy is the new girl in school in Lambertville, Tennessee. Like any other girl, all she wants is to make friends and fit in. But Amanda is keeping a secret. There’s a reason why she transferred schools for her senior year, and why she’s determined not to get too close to anyone.

And then she meets Grant Everett. Grant is unlike anyone she’s ever met—open, honest, kind—and Amanda can’t help but start to let him into her life. As they spend more time together, she finds herself yearning to share with Grant everything about herself…including her past. But she’s terrified that once she tells Grant the truth, he won't be able to see past it.

Because the secret that Amanda’s been keeping? It’s that she used to be Andrew

Review : This book was beautiful . This book is about a trans girl name Amanda and she's going to a new school and moving in with her dad . At school she meets a lot of new people . Bee , Grant , and a group of girls who save Amanda from heat stroke . Her father is having trouble coming to terms with Amanda being trans. Amanda ends up going to a party with her friends and Grant and Amanda end up dancing Grant ends up taking her to a quiet place they go for a swim and they kissing. Amanda avoids Grant until he finds her and she agrees to go out with him . Amanda knows she has to tell Grant that she's trans but she can't . I loved the flashbacks before she was where she is now . Amanda tried to kill herself this book was very deep and beautiful. Amanda has been through a lot she starts dating Grant . And hanging out with friends and her dad and her aren't still getting a long . she finds out one of her friends is gay she dated Bee . Amanda finds out that Grant is poor and he works a lot he brings her home to his family which went well . Amanda's friend comes for a visit she's trans and Amanda doesn't want her other friends to meet her . Amanda writes a letter to tell grant the truth but he burns the letter . Grant asks her to homecoming so Amanda goes with her friends and runs into Bee who is drunk and comes onto Amanda . Amanda wins homecoming queen and Bee tells everyone she's trans oh my god and she runs out and Grant catches her and asks if its a joke and then she leaves but gets attacked by parker but her friends find her and Chole points a gun to his head which was kinda badass . Amanda's father hits grant cause he thought it was grant so she ends up going home to her mom and her dad shows up for thanksgiving and her and him talk and she wants to go live with him again so she goes back which was brave . Her and Grant talk this book was beautiful and I can't wait to read more works by this author .
Quotes
You can have anything,” she said, “once you admit you deserve it.”

I know it hurts. I know it hurts so bad you can barely breathe sometimes. I know because I’ve been there. Please don’t leave us. I promise life can be good, and we need you too much.”

Maybe secrets were part of life; maybe everyone had something they were lying to themselves about, or something they were hiding.
I looked up at the cross again and wondered if I was supposed to hear this particular sermon at this particular moment for a reason. I decided that the people who had said God didn’t love me, who said I didn’t have a place on Earth—they were wrong. God wanted me to live, and this was the only way I knew how to survive, so this was what God wanted. This was what I wanted. I had chosen to live, and it seemed like, finally, I was doing just that.”


“I wondered if joy could ever be felt by itself without being tainted with fear and confusion, or if some level of misery was a universal constant, like the speed of light.”

For as long as I could remember, I had been apologizing for existing, for trying to be who I was, to live the life I was meant to lead.”

View all my reviews

No comments :

Followers

Blog Archive