Monday, July 31, 2017

Book Review : Saving Raphael Santiago SPOILERS

Saving Raphael Santiago (The Bane Chronicles, #6)Saving Raphael Santiago by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

July 2-6


A Manhattan teen—Raphael Santiago—is missing, and Magnus Bane must track him down before it’s too late. One of ten adventures in The Bane Chronicles.

In 1950s New York City, a distraught mother hires Magnus Bane to find her missing son, Raphael. But even if he can be found, is Raphael beyond saving?

Review : I loved this one Raphael is a very interesting character I loved his exchanges with Magnus . Raphael's mother hires Magnus to find Raphael and Magnus finds him but as a vampire and Magnus takes him and helps him control so he can see his mother I really enjoyed this story .

Quotes:

“How many times have I told you, Magnus? Behave professionaly in a professional setting. Which means no being rude to Nephilim, and also no getting attached to Nephilim."
"I never get attached to Nephilim!" Magnus protested.
Ragnor coughed, and in the midst of the cough said something that sounded like "blerondale."
"Well," said Magnus. "Hardly ever.”


Magnus had often thought of getting a pet, but he had never considered acquiring a sullen teenage vampire. Once Raphael was gone, he thought, he was getting a cat. And he would always throw his cat a birthday party.”

Oh no, Raphael, please don't leave me," Magnus said in a monotone. "Where would I be without the light of your sweet smile? If you go, I will throw myself upon the ground and weep." hair
"Will you?" asked Raphael, raising one thin eyebrow. "Because if you do, I will stay and watch the show.”

Oh wait . You think I'm dating Raphael ? Magnus asked . Raphael ? That's ridiculous . That's- That's the most revolting idea I've ever heard . Raphael's voice rang out to the ceilling . Probally people in the the street could hear him . That's a little strong , said Magnus . And frankly , hurtful. And if I did wish to indulge in unnatural persuits- andlet me be clear , I Certainly do not , Raphael continued scornfully , as if I would choose hi, . Him! He dresses like a maniac , acts like a fool , and makes worse jokes thank the man people throw rotten eggs at outside the dew drop every Saturday . Ragnor began to laugh . Better men than you have begged for a change to win all this , Magnus muttered . They have fought duels in my honor . One man fought a duel for my honor , but that was a little embarrassing since it is long gone . Do you know he spends hours in the bathroom sometimes ? Raphael announced mercilessly . H wastes actual magic on his hair . On his hair . I love this kid , Said Ragnor.



View all my reviews

No comments :

Followers

Blog Archive