Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Book Review- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell


Eleanor & ParkEleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Read  from  February  17- 26

Summary  -Set over the course of one school year in 1986, ELEANOR AND PARK is the story of two star-crossed misfits – smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try. When Eleanor meets Park, you’ll remember your own first love – and just how hard it pulled you under.


This review contains spoilers !






Review  -  I  had  read  fangirl  last year and loved  and I picked up  Eleanor  & park  and fell in love with this romance  but it  didn't start as  a romance   Eleanor  is  a big  redhead   and  a little bit  weird  and  wear's  men's  clothes   but  Eleanor   has   a  tough life  her  stepdad   kicked  her  out   and she's  back a  year  later   and she's  starting  at  a new   school  .  Park  the  only  Korean  in omaha  when  he  meets   Eleanor   he  thinks  she's  weird     but  lets  her  sit   next   to him    there  both    misfits  there  different  from  everyone  else   I loved this book  but  I didn't like  Park at first  I  thought he  was very  judgmental  to  Eleanor  I don't  like people   who  judge  just  cause of  weight and looks   but  then  things  happen  and I loved them  Eleanor  starts  reading   his comics  over   his  shoulder  I squeaked    out  of happiness  and  then  he makes her mix tapes  that's  adorable      I thought this books  was  going  to be adorable  cause I did read  fangirl   and thought it was going to be  this  cute adorable  romance I was so  wrong I loved the mix  point of view  .  they  start  talking   about  music and comics  and  I thought that was  so sweet   but  Eleanor   has  problems   he  lives  with   his  terrible   step  dad   and  siblings    but  there  family's  are  totally  different  park's  family     his  mom is  a beautian   everything   changes  between  them  they  start   dating  and I loved there  romance  I loved that  Park loved  her  even   if  she  was curvy   and had  big red hair  and I know how that feels   I'm curvy  I  have  big  curly  hair    I loved when  they had  the  first kiss  and  then  allot of  dates    and  I  loved that Park's mom is  like  I don't  like  Eleanor  and then  as  time  goes on  she  sees  allot things she relates to   I loved that I loved the  makeover scene  I thought it  was funny  .  I need a park in my life  cause he's adorable  I love that  he  gets insecure  to he tells eleanor  there are no hot Asian guys  I thought it was nice to see he  didn't see himself  as hot   and they had  things in  common  in the end  this is where  shit  gets  real she comes home  from a date with  Park  and  she sees  all the things with park everywhere and this message  now through  this book I thought the messages on the book was from Tina  but no it was from her stepdad   so  she gets out and  she's running and there's Tina  saying  like hey what's wrong  so she  helps her and  and her  Tina and  steve go to park   and Eleanor says she has to leave so he takes her  and they say there goodbyes and it was  heartbreaking I loved this book so much  I didn't want it to end  read it .

Quotes I love  -She'd  have to get up to let him have his spot by the window . Which would be akward . It was all akward . Every time the bus hit a pothole , Eleanor practically fell in the guy's lap . Page 24


Eleanor  was   right  :    she looked like  art  ,   and  art   wasn't  supposed   to look nice   ;  it  was  suppose   to make  you  feel  something  .  Page   165



View all my reviews

No comments :

Followers

Blog Archive