Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Book review- The Battle of The Labyrinth by Rick Riordan

The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Read from October 19 - January 6

Summary - Percy Jackson isn‘t expecting freshman orientation to be any fun. But when a mysterious mortal acquaintance appears on campus, followed by demon cheerleaders, things quickly move from bad to diabolical.

In this latest installment of the blockbuster series, time is running out as war between the Olympians and the evil Titan lord Kronos draws near. Even the safe haven of Camp Half-Blood grows more vulnerable by the minute as Kronos‘s army prepares to invade its once impenetrable borders. To stop them, Percy and his demigod friends must set out on a quest through the Labyrinth‘a sprawling underground world with stunning surprises at every turn. Full of humor and heart-pounding action, this fourth book promises to be their most thrilling adventure yet.


This  Review  Contains   Spoilers  !  




Review - Percy Jackson Just wanted to get through Freshmen orientation smoothly that was until he sees someone who saved his life and an evil cheerleader throwing bombs he runs out of there with Rachel and meets up with Annabeth and they go to camp. Grover may be getting his searcher licence taken from him because he can't find Pan . when playing capture the flag they find the labyrinth oh and they have a new teache.r quintis which percy thinks is kind of strange and there is is Ms . oleary who is a hell hound. Annabeth has gotten her quest and takes Percy Tyson and Grover . And they go into the labyrinth Percy has been getting these messages into seeing Niko which was from Bianca who is working with a ghost mitos . They need to find Daedalus so he can help . And Percy has been getting dreams from Luke and what is going on with Kronos. Grover finally hears something from pan and he has to go find it Tyson and Grover go off on there own . They find Daedalus and Nico is taken in but we find out who Daedalus is it was quintus I was so stunded he doesn't want to help though , it made me so mad they take the wings and go . Rachel ends up helping along the way because she can see through the mist. oh and kronos has taken over lukes body I was like WTF . They find Pan who ends up dying anyway. and when they get back to camp and the camp is under attack people die. it ends up going bad and what ends it was Grover's scream which I think was from Pan . when dyonysos sticks up for Grover which was a shock to all of us and helps chris who was gone insane I really liked this book and at the end when it comes to Nico he doesn't stay at camp he goes to find out what happened in the past . Percy goes home and celabrates his birthday paul blowfus asks percy if he can ask his mom to marry him so sweet and then percy's dad show's up what the heck I loved it I can't wait to know what happens in the last one .

Favorite quotes -
Annabeth glared at me like she was going to punch me . and then she did something that surprised me even more . she kissed me . be careful seaweed brain . she put on her hat and vanished . I probably would've sat there for the rest of the day , staring at the lava and trying to remember what my name was , but the sea demons jarred me back to life . page 203

Rachel: You're a half-blood, too?

Annabeth: Shhh! Just announce it to the world, how about?

Rachel: Okay. Hey, everybody! These two aren't human! They're half Greek god!...They don't seem to care.”




My mother made a squeaking sound that might of been either "yes" or "help".

Poseidon took it as a yes and came in.

Paul was looking back and forth between us, trying to read our expressions.

Finally he stepped forward.

"Hi, I'm Paul Blofis."

Poseidon raised an eyebrow and then shook his hand.

"Blowfish, did you say?"

"Ah, no. Blofis, actually."


"Oh, I see," Poseidon said. "A shame. I quite like blowfish. I am Poseidon."

"Poseidon? That's an interesting name."

"Yes, I like it. I've gone by other names, but I do prefer Poseidon."

"Like the god of the sea."

"Very much like that, yes"

"Well!" My mother interrupted. "Um, were so glad you could drop by. Paul, this is Percy's father."

"Ah." Paul nodded, though he didn't look real pleased. "I see."

Poseidon smiled at me. "There you are, my boy. And Tyson, hello, son!"

"Daddy!" Tyson [shouted]...

Paul's jaw dropped. He stared at my mother. "Tyson is..."

"
Not mine," she promised. "It's a long story.”



View all my reviews

No comments :

Followers

Blog Archive