Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Book review- We were Liars by E. Lockhart *spoilers*

We Were LiarsWe Were Liars by E. Lockhart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

January 24- 28

Summary - A beautiful and distinguished family.
A private island.
A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy.
A group of four friends—the Liars—whose friendship turns destructive.
A revolution. An accident. A secret.
Lies upon lies.
True love.
The truth.

We Were Liars is a modern, sophisticated suspense novel from National Book Award finalist and Printz Award honoree E. Lockhart.
Read it.
And if anyone asks you how it ends, just LIE.

THIS  REVIEW  CONTAINS  SPOILERS  !


Review - Let me start out by saying this book was amazing the writing was poetic I loved this book . So I went in knowing this book was going to shock me and oh it did .

Cadence Joghney johnny Miren and gat are the liars . Every summer they spend it at st.clair home they have fun they spend together. candence falls in love with gat but something happends something big at summer 15 that no one will tell cadence . And she's trying to figure it out what happened that summer when she comes back for summer 17 the st. claire house has been redone the gradfather is loosing this brain and cadence has these migrains that hurt her head and sometimes she wants to die they hurt so bad . Now I didn't guess what the big thing was I thought someone hurt her or something but memories start coming back to her . The aunts fight over things in the house cadence gives away allot of her stuff.She wants to start over. Some things I didn't like I really didn't like most of this family execpt for the liars . The grandfather was power hungry and trying to control everything he was a jerk to gat cause he was another color ,what the heck and cadence's mother was trying to keep gat and cadence away from each other . the grandfather even threatened his daughter carrie that if he married ed she would be cut off that's kind of sick . when they decide to do this big thing to set fire to the place to keep people in the family from fighting I thought it was kind of nuts . In the end the dogs died in the fire I cried at that they started . It was bad and then cadence is crying and then she remembers the big thing THEY DIED all execpt from her . Now were they ghost or hallucinations not really sure but I was shocked but they were there for her when she needed them most I cried at the end this book was amazing .

Favorite quotes-
The universe is seeming really huge right now. I need something to hold on to.”

“Be a little kinder than you have to.


View all my reviews

No comments :

Followers

Blog Archive