Sunday, June 14, 2015

Book review : We should hang out sometime Embarrassingly , a true story by Josh Sundquist

We Should Hang Out Sometime: Embarrassingly, a true storyWe Should Hang Out Sometime: Embarrassingly, a true story by Josh Sundquist
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

June 10-14

A bright, poignant, and deeply funny autobiographical account of coming of age as an amputee cancer survivor, from Josh Sundquist: Paralympic ski racer, YouTube star, and motivational speaker.


Josh Sundquist only ever had one girlfriend.
For twenty-three hours.
In eighth grade.

Why was Josh still single? To find out, he tracked down the girls he had tried to date and asked them straight up: What went wrong?

The results of Josh's semiscientific, wholly hilarious investigation are captured here. From a disastrous Putt-Putt date involving a backward prosthetic foot, to his introduction to CFD (Close Fast Dancing), to a misguided "grand gesture" at a Miss America pageant, this story is about looking for love--or at least a girlfriend--in all the wrong places.


Review- I really loved this book I thought it was really funny it made me laugh many times . I sometimes read nonfiction but what I loved about this it just felt like a story not about someone's life I did love the parts with graphs and when he would go back and talk to the girls of the failed relationships. I read this with audiobook so it was the experience even more better everyone should read it . And I love the line we should hang out sometime .And I could understand what Josh was going through see I have a learning difference and no way am I comparing loosing a limb to a learning difference it's just I understand how people act when they learn that one thing about you.

Favorite Quotes-
Sometimes the best moments are the spontaneous ones you don't plan for.


Too late , already worried .
That's because you haven't heard about my boots yet .
um , what i've got a pair of steel-toed boots under my bunk bed in my door , explained kyle . The next time you see Lily , if you don't have have a DTR , I am going to put on those boots and I am going to kick you as hard as I possibly can in your balls.
excuse me ?
You heard me .
You're serious ?
in your balls.
Steel ?
Yes , it's an iron alloy. I'm sure you've heard of it.
Are you joking ?
Do I look like I'm joking ?
He doesn't look like he joking , interjected Brad .
Did I mention I was the starting forward of my high school soccer team ? Asked Kyle . I've got a mean left foot .
The next time I see her ?
or else .
Dude.... I said , incredulous
Steel . Your balls . Think about .
I sighed , surrendering . Okay , you leave me no other
choice . Next time I see her it is .
You do that , my boots stay under my bed .
Thanks , I guess ?
What else are friends for ?



But when you're faced with a significantly life- altering negative situation you can't control , you grasp at the little things you can control . The little opportunities where you can make choices for yourself.



View all my reviews

No comments :

Followers

Blog Archive