Saturday, March 25, 2017

Book review : Checkmate this is reckless Kennedy fox SPOILERS

Checkmate: This is RecklessCheckmate: This is Reckless by Kennedy Fox
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

March 3- 25

Drew Fisher is the type of guy every girl wants.
Noble police officer by day, charming prince by night.
He has no idea the effect he has on women, especially me—his little sister’s best friend.

I’m the blonde Southern belle who lives up to the cliché, except I have my own quirks. I’m smart as a whip, can change my own oil, and recite The Pledge of Allegiance backward, but he doesn’t see that girl.

It’d be easier to forget him if he wasn’t my roommate and if the first thing I saw in the morning wasn't his shirtless body covered in tattoos. I’ve crushed on him since the day we met, but he’s made it perfectly clear where we stand. Just friends.

I know I need to move on and accept that his feelings will never be mutual, but every day he smiles at me, I’m left dreaming of what if.

He has girl issues, and I’ve got a crush I can’t deny.
We’re friends, but I want more.

One drunken hookup leaves us with much more than a platonic friendship. Pretending it never happened proves to be more difficult than anticipated.

A crazy ex-girlfriend, a dangerous war of stolen glances, and passionate kisses leads to the most reckless battle yet. I won’t be a pawn in his game, but I’ll play by his rules if it will show him I’m the one worth breaking them for.

Checkmate, Prince Charming.
Review : I love this series this is about Drew and Courtney who I love together there so cute so this takes place around Travis and Viola's wedding Drew and Mia are back together ughhhh I hate that bitch but then she starts getting Jealous of Courtney cause Courtney and Drew are roommates and then her and Drew break up again . Courtney likes Drew a lot and after a lot of drinking at the wedding they end up having sex together but the next morning Drew doesn't remember and Courtney is freaking out cause she likes him a lot and Mia ends up showing up when Courtney was going to tell him but Drew is done with her . Courtney is depressed so she goes drinking with a friend of hers and Drew ends up at the same Bar and they talk and it turns out Drew didn't forget . Drew and Courtney are so good together Courtney ends up making muffins for Drew's Police event and fucking Mia shows up and Coutrney leaves Drew finds her they talk and Courtney invites him to texas where he meets her family it was so cute . Drew and Courtney are happy and then something happens Drew almost died and the person who tried to kill drew killed himself infront of Drew and it kinda messed him up so courtney and him go to vegas to take his mind off what happend they were having an awesome time but that fucking cliffhanger why was mia in his bed WTF I need the next book now .
Quotes :
I’m in Drew Fisher’s bed with Drew Fisher.

“I might not have an eight pack, but the girls have gotten their fair share of free drinks.” She waves a finger over her chest, arches her brow, and now I’m the one blushing


It’s three in the goddamn morning.” “Well, tell that to your nephew. Apparently, he’s ready to make his debut.” I shuffle around my room for something to wear. “Now?” It finally hits him. “Yes, now!” I turn around and see him in only a pair of boxer shorts, and by the looks of it, Drew Jr. is also awake. I blush so hard and turn back

I hope so because if you miss this, she will speed over here, use your handcuffs against you, then proceed to cut off your balls and feed them to you


“You deserve better than her.” She lowers her eyes and then murmurs, “God, I wish you could see that.”

Stop looking at my brother like you want to rip off his clothes!” she said with a groan. I couldn’t find the strength to take my eyes off him as he walked down the hall to his bedroom. “I want to do a lot more than that…” I smile. “And those handcuffs—”
“You want to go all Fifty Shades on his ass.” Just thinking about him and all the dirty things I’d do, I laughed. “Hot cop fantasy.

“Don’t make me give you a black eye before your wedding, King.” He knows I’m giving him shit, but he glares at me anyway. “Viola would mount your head on the cross of Jesus herself.”

“Who says I’m not going to punch him in the balls?” I ask with a laugh. Viola gives me a high five as Drew grabs himself. “Ladies, please leave my balls out of this.”

“You’ve already got my heart,” I whisper.

“I didn’t know it was possible to fall in love with my best friend.”

“Thank you.” His words take me off guard. “For what?” His lips tilt up in a genuine smile. “For waiting for me.”

“I meant what I said before.” I blink, thinking back. “I’ve fallen in love with my best friend,” he says, reminding me. Not that I could ever forget those words coming from his lips. I bring my hand up to his that’s resting on my cheek. “It’s about damn time. I’ve been in love with my best friend all along.”


“You trying to get me drunk and take advantage of me?” He flashes a sly smirk, and it makes me giddy to see him joking around. “Um, always!” I laugh. “Viola practically had to stop me from climbing you like a tree for three years, so I will always take advantage.”


No comments :

Followers

Blog Archive