Saturday, April 26, 2014

Book review - clockwork prince by Cassandra Clare


Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Summary - In magical Victorian London, orphan Tessa found safety with the Shadowhunters, until traitors betray her to the Magister. He wants to marry her, but so do self-destructive Will and fiercely devoted Jem. Mage Magnus Bane returns to help them. Secrets to her parentage lie with the mist-shrouded Yorkshire Institute's aged manager Alyosius Starkweather.

Read from February 26- April 27





This  Review  Contains  Spoilers   You  Are  Warned 




Review - this book was amazing I like it way better than clockwork angel . So when will was 12 a demon cursed him that anyone who ever loves him will die so will is determined to get the curse off him so he can tell Tessa how he feel at this point I'm like is this why your an asshole cause that would explain it . The institute might be taken away from Charlotte damn Benedict I hate him so they have a time Liment to find mortimain and oh Sophie and Tessa have to be trained by Gabriel and Gideon I like Gideon and Sophie together I loved the part when Sophie hit hit Gabriel I was laughing so hard . Oh Tessa and Jem I was like do I like them together or her with will and I still don't know I love both of them but after will discovers there was so curse he goes to Tessa but Jem asks Tessa to marry him that is bad timing and when will was confessing his love and I was crying and yelling no no no cause she's engaged and of course she doesn't believe your in love with her cause of what you've done to her . I did like the makeout scene at the ball they had to go to where Tessa had to be be Jessamine cause oh jessamine is with Nate and there '' married '' And they drink this lemonade which has warlock powder in it . I really loved this book the part with Charlotte and Henry they really do love each other they got to keep the Instuite Charlotte is going to have a baby aww oh and Cecily will's sister arrives awesome book .

Favorite quotes. So  you're suggesting we take the train up to York , to meet a ninety-year old man , leap on him ,  and yank out his hair ?  I'm Sure the clave will be ecstatic  . Page 74

I  swear   that  woman   had a  previous   career  as  a  death-hunter   selling  tragic  ballads  down  the  seven dials  ,   said  will  .  And  I do  wish  she wouldn't  sing  about   poisoning   just  after we've  eaten . Page   214

"When  we  run the  institute  he   said  pitching   his  voice  loud  enough  for  will  to hear  , "  this    training room  will  be  far  better  kept  up   and supplied  ."  Tessa  looked at  him  angrily  . "Amazing  that I don't like  you, isn't  it  ?   Page  216


You  speak  of  sacrifice  ,  but  it  is not  my  sacrifice  I offer   ,  it  is    yours   I ask  of  you  ,  he  went on .  I  can offer  you my heart ,   Though   I have no idea  how   many more  beats it  shall  sustain  . But   I love you enough   to  hope   that you will not  care   that  I am being selfish   in trying to make   the  rest of my life  -  whatever it's  length  -  happy , by spending   it with  you  .  I  want  to be  married  to you ,  Tessa I  want  it more  than  I  have  ever  wanted  anything  in my  life   .   Page  430


It  was  books  that  kept me  from  taking my  own life   after  I  thought   I could  never love  anyone  never  be  loved by  anyone  again .  It was  books   that made me  feel  that  perhaps  I  was  not  completely  alone   .  thay  could be  honest  with me   , and  I  with them. Page   468





View all my reviews



No comments :

Followers

Blog Archive