Sunday, April 06, 2014

Book review - Slammed by Colleen Hoover

Slammed (Slammed, #1)Slammed by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

SUMMARY -Layken's father died suddenly, leaving her to gather every ounce of strength to be a pillar for her family, in order to prevent their world from falling apart. Now her life is taking another unexpected turn...

Layken's mother gets a job which leads to an unwanted move across the country. However, a new home means new neighbours... and Layken's new neighbour is the very attractive Will Cooper.

Will has an intriguing passion for slam poetry, and a matching passion for life. The two feel an irresistible attraction but are rocked to the core when a shocking revelation brings their romance to a screeching halt. Layken and Will must find a way to fight the forces that threaten to tear them apart...or learn to live without each other.

Read from April 4- 6


This review contains  spoilers !




Review - Layken's father has died of a heart attack and her and her mom and her brother Kel have to move from texas to Michigan cause they can't afford the house anymore so this is where Layken meets Will Cooper , Will is 21 years old and is raising his little brother colver and Colver and Kel become friends and Will and Layken go on a date I love how Will takes her to a slam poetry I love poety and I don't see it allot in books I love how Layken tells will about her fathers death and how affected her and when Will preforms something about this parents death and how they died in car crash I was so moved by this book it was beautiful they have an an amazing date and the the hell happens when Layken starts school the next day Layken meets Eddie (who's a girl) and her boyfriend Gavin I love them together . And then Layken see's will there and she's wondering what he's doing there and then it finally connects with me that he's her teacher and I'm like NO NO NO THIS IS NOT HAPPENING and I was so angry cause I know Layken is in love with Will and she tells him that and he's like no your not and that made me angry but then I found out things about will that I just had to get over what happned how Colver was in the car when Will's parents died and that Will lost his scholarship and that his girlfriend dumped two weeks after his parents died what a bitch and then something big happens the reason why they really moved to Michigan her mom has cancer and it's terminal I mean wow I was sobbing and then the event with javi when she heard will's poem about her I was like awww and omg and then Javi like attacks her and will is so angry cause he thinks that there just kissing he was jealous . and then the scene in the laundry I was like will I know you care for each other and then the slam when they were reading the poems . the ending was sad cause her mom did die and the letters I was sobbing at this point I loved this book so much .

Favorite quotes


Are you really going to make me admit that I have absolutely no life here ? I say page 31

Well your eighteen now . You've had enough of my dating advice for a lifetime , she says but I'll provide you with a quick recap just in case . Don't order anything with onion or garlic , never leave your drink unattended , and always use protection . Page 34
Ugh mom ! I roll my eyes you know I know rules and you know I don't have to worry about the last one . Please don't give will a recap of your rules . Promise ? I make her promise . Page 34
So tell me about will. Does he work ? Is he in college ? Is he a serial killer ? She says this with such sincerity . Page 34

“Does he treat you with respect at all times? That’s the first question. The second question is, if he is the exact same person twenty years from now that he is today, would you still want to marry him? And finally, does he inspire to be a better person? You find someone you can answer yes to all three, then you’ve found a good man


View all my reviews

No comments :

Followers

Blog Archive