Monday, April 14, 2014

Book review - Point of retreat by Colleen Hoover


Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2)Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Summary -Layken and Will have managed to overcome the obstacles that threatened to destroy their love, proving that they are destined for one another. What they are about to learn, however, is that the things that have brought them together may be the very things that ruin their connection forever...

Layken is left second-guessing the relationship whilst Will is jumping over hurdles to prove his love for her. What the young lovers discover about themselves along this journey may change their entire world, and the lives of those who depend upon them the most...

Read from  April  6 -  16


This  Review  Contains  Spoilers  You  Are  Warned  






Review  -   I butterfly  love the second book in this  series I'm not sure  if  I love this or  the first one more  but  it  was so  good  it made me cry and smile   this  one  is taken place in  will's  point of  view  I wasn't sure I was going to like it  I love will and I loved hearing  this  in his head  I love  we got some  new  characters also  Kiresten  and  Sherry  (kiresten's  mom)   Kiresten is  11  yet she talks like she's  25  .  Lake's mom died  and gave will and  Lake  these  stars filled with quotes and  advice and that's such a cute  idea  I loved  will and  Lake's  relationship in this  one  it  was more  grown up  and  I liked that   So  lake  and  Will are both  in College  and guess who is in will's  class  vaughn  the girl who  broke up with him  two weeks after his  parents  died   and  she  is   trying to  hit on him when  he  tells her he's in a relationship  what is  wrong with this girl   but  Will doesn't  tell   Lake  and it  doesn't seam  like  a  big  deal  until  she  comes to his  house and she's crying   and  apologizing  and then  she  says  what if  your  with  lake  cause you feel sorry  for her  and  then I'm like  go away  and  then Lake  see's  Will  kiss  vaughn 's  forhead  and Lake is mad  like really  made she  starts to second-guess  there  relationship    and  Will is  trying to get her  back  and then  he conspires with everyone  to  get her to go to the slam  and it's so cute   and  she forgives him the  the big  car  crash happens  and I'm like if she dies I'm going to scream but no  she  doesn't    eddie  kiresten  kel coulder  will and Gavin get hurt but  Lake  gets  hurt the worst  and  I was hoping Eddie would be okay cause she's pregnant and having a girl    so  Will decided to take Lake on a date to the house  again  and  he proposes  I was so happy  and there married  I loved this book so much.

favorite  quotes

She's the eleven year old neighbor I was telling you about . The one I think is an imposter  based on  the things  that come out her mouth . I'm beginning to suspect she's a really tiny adult posing as a little redhead child. Page 8

And my suck  would be the fact that an eleven year old has a larger vocabulary than me , page 14

Fair enough , I'll drop it . But first I need to lay down some rules . No holding hands until your at least eleven and a half . No kissing until your thirteen. And no tongue until your fourteen. I mean fifteen. Once you get to that point, we'll revisit the rules. Until then you stick to those. Page 64

Okay  would you rather I look like   Hugh jackman or George clooney  Johnny  Dep  she  says   that  answer  was to fast   for my  comfort  what the hell Lake  ?   your  supposed to  say Will!  your  supposed  to say  you want me to look  like  me   but you weren't the  options she  says   neither was  Johnny Dep .  Page 286


View all my reviews

No comments :

Followers

Blog Archive