Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Book review- The golden lily by richelle mead


The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2)The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

read  from  may  30-  june  18

Summary  -Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives.

Sydney would love to go to college, but instead, she’s been sent into hiding at a posh boarding school in Palm Springs, California–tasked with protecting Moroi princess Jill Dragomir from assassins who want to throw the Moroi court into civil war. Formerly in disgrace, Sydney is now praised for her loyalty and obedience, and held up as the model of an exemplary Alchemist.

But the closer she grows to Jill, Eddie, and especially Adrian, the more she finds herself questioning her age–old Alchemist beliefs, her idea of family, and the sense of what it means to truly belong. Her world becomes even more complicated when magical experiments show Sydney may hold the key to prevent becoming Strigoi—the fiercest vampires, the ones who don’t die. But it’s her fear of being just that—special, magical, powerful—that scares her more than anything. Equally daunting is her new romance with Brayden, a cute, brainy guy who seems to be her match in every way. Yet, as perfect as he seems, Sydney finds herself being drawn to someone else—someone forbidden to her.

When a shocking secret threatens to tear the vampire world apart, Sydney’s loyalties are suddenly tested more than ever before. She wonders how she's supposed to strike a balance between the principles and dogmas she's been taught, and what her instincts are now telling her.

Should she trust the Alchemists—or her heart?


This  review  Contains  spoilers  you  are  warned  


Review -   the  second  book  in  the  bloodlines  series  was  amazing    I think I liked this  one  better than  the  first one   so this  one  is  about   Sydney  of course  and  when  we first  see  her  she  is  with  the  alchemist  talking about  keith   and  after that  she is  shown  a  human  who  wants to be  a  strogi  and was he  crazy  when  she  gets  back to palm  springs   sonya  demitri are still  doing  research   oh  and  sonya  was  attacked  with  a sward   and  sydney  was there  to  .  Trey  sets  sydney up with  his   friend   Braden   who  probably  is the  most  doshest  character i've ever  read  I'm screaming at  sydney this  guy is rude  he thinks  he  is better  than   you my   favorite  part was the end  with them   I loved adrain's  encounter  with  Braden   my  favorite was the halloween  scene  so your  saying my "sister "  looks  like  a Prostitute     and  he said  yes  wtf  Branden is  wrong  with you  I loved   when  Adrian  got his car and  sydney  was just in  aw of  it   she really loves her  cars.  Spirt is having  a weird  effect on Adrian  and  Jill feels it  oh and  Angeline  oh my god  she is  litterly  always  groping  eddie   I do have to say  I  thought it was kind of funny  when she  punched that  inspiration  speaker  .  So  we  find out there are  there  hunters who  want to kill  strogi  which is cool  but they think  sonya   is  still a  strgoi   and  that she's hiding  it    and   we find out trey  is involved   like wtf    and she's been  taken  so  sydney  goes  and  trey  and his  cousin  are fighting to see who gets to kill her litterly   not kidding    and  as  these people are speaking I'm thinking  I've read parts  with  strogi   and  you would be  dead it  two  seconds flat  so these people  are stupid   so  the  gang  gets to sydney and they get the hell out of there   they  put  a tracking device in Sydney's  purse   .  So  Braden  dumps  sydney  he  tells her  that  she is  irresponsible  what the hell is with this  guy   and then she burst out laughing  I found it funny myself   and  then she goes  sees   adrian  and  he  KISSES HER  YESSS and then  she  gets  mad   oh  sydney  i loved  this  good  can't wait  to see  what happens  in indigo  spell  I plan to catch on the this series before  the  newest one comes out .

favorite quotes -

You’re wearing that?”… “This is the kind of shirt that says, ‘You’re never getting in here.’”
“Well, why would he?” I demanded.
…”I think it’s more like a shirt that says, ‘I’m going to have to end this date early so I can go prepare by Power Point presentation.

“Okay. But I'm just going to be out there - having a tea party with her cats or whatever it is she has in mind. You need me? You yell. You want to leave? We go. I'll get you out of here, no matter what.

You are the most beautiful creature I have ever seen walking this earth. You have no clue of how beautiful you are or how brightly you shine.”

“Jill was tall and slim, like most Moroi. With that figure came a modest chest. Angeline's chest...was not so modest.”

Really, Sage? A date?"
I sighed. "Yes, Adrian. A date."
A real date. Not, like, doing homework together," he added. "I mean like where you go out to a movie or something. And a movie that's not part of a school assignment. Or about something boring."
"A real date." I figured I wouldn't give him the specifics on the Shakespheare play.
"What's the lucky guy's name?"
"Brayden."
There was a pause. "Brayden? That his real name?"
"Why are you asking if everything's real? You think I'd make any of this up?"
"No, no," Adrian assured me. "That what's so ynbelievable about it. Is he cute?"
I glanced at the clock. It was time for me to meet my study group. "Gee, maybe I should just send you a picture to review?"
"Yes, please. And a full background check and life history."
"I have to go. Why do you care so much anyway?" I finally asked in exasperation.
His answer took a long time, which was uncharacteristic.



Historically inaccurate.' Adrian gestured at me with his other hand, the one not on my shoulder. "Who the hell looks at you and says 'historically inaccurate'?”




No comments :

Followers

Blog Archive