Tuesday, August 26, 2014

August quotes



Book quotes -
Lola and the boy next door 
Remember that  that I  made  you  the  elevator  ?   he  suddenly   asks  I  gave  him  a faint  smile   .  How   could  I  forget ?   that  was  the   day I had  my first kiss  .  My smile   fades  .  I'm  better now .  he  sets   the  apple  beside  me .  At  kissing  just  so you  .  Page  135




I step  back into  him , my nose  against his  . Guess  what  ?  I  hiss  back  .  I am  a  liar .  I do  like  cricket  bell.  You're  right   . I've been  hanging out  with him  this whole time ! And he's  been in my  bedroom   , and I've been in his . And  I want  him  ,  Max  I want  him .  He's  shacking  with  rage  . Get .   out  .  I  grab my  purse   and  throw  open  his  front  door  .  I never   want to see you again  . His  voice is deathly  low  . You are  nothing to me  . Do you understand   Yes I say  . Thank you for making things so clear.  Page  254


Anna  Prods  St.  clair's  shoulder  . Come on . weren't you going to show me that thing ? what thing  ?  she stares at him . he  stares  back. She cocks   her head toward  cricket and me.  ah  , yes  St. clair stands that thing. they  rush out  . The door shuts, and  St. Clair shouts Lola  cricket  wants to show  you his thing too-oo!  page 295

If I stay 

“If you stay, I'll do whatever you want. I'll quit the band, go with you to New York. But if you need me to go away, I'll do that, too. I was talking to Liz and she said maybe coming back to your old life would be too painful, that maybe it'd be easier for you to erase us. And that would suck, but I'd do it. I can lose you like that if I don't lose you today. I'll let you go. If you stay.” 


“How am I supposed to decide this? How can I possibly stay without mom and dad? How can I leave without Teddy? Or Adam? This is too much. I don’t even understand how it all works, why I’m here in the state that I’m in or how to get out of it if I wanted to. If I were to say, I want to wake up, would I wake up right now? I’ve already tried snapping my heels to find Teddy and tried to beam myself to Hawaii, and that didn’t work. This seems a whole lot more complicated.
But in spite of that, I believe it’s true. I hear the nurse’s words again. I am running the show. Everyone’s waiting on me.
I decide. I know this now.
And this terrifies me more than anything else that has happened today.” 


Regular quotes







No comments :

Followers

Blog Archive