Friday, August 08, 2014

Book review - Delirium by Lauren oliver

Delirium (Delirium, #1)Delirium by Lauren Oliver
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

July 6- August 8

Summary -Ninety-five days, and then I'll be safe. I wonder whether the procedure will hurt. I want to get it over with. It's hard to be patient. It's hard not to be afraid while I'm still uncured, though so far the deliria hasn't touched me yet. Still, I worry. They say that in the old days, love drove people to madness. The deadliest of all deadly things: It kills you both when you have it and when you don't


Review - Love illegal at the age of 18 you are cured from love and then the pain stops . Lena has been through allot her mom was a sympathizer and killed herself . when doing her evaluation she was nervous and then something big happened the ressiters and then she saw a boy and he winked at her When hanna and Lena sneak into a party they see him there the boy at the lab his name is alex . Lena is counting down until she can get the cure but then she meets Alex and everything changes everything . he tells her that he is apart of the wilds and there are many people like him . they start to hang out in secret Lena learns things about the world she's living in about herself and about her mom she didn't kill herself she was put in the crypts and she escaped all over her crypt was the word LOVE . She wants to run away with alex and they plan to that until they get caught and they tie her up in her room gracie helps her escape and she gets out and they go Lena gets across but alex doesn't I loved this book it was beautifully written and a cool concept .


Favorite quotes
“Hearts are fragile things. That's why you have to be so careful.”


“I run for I don't know how long. Hours, maybe, or days. Alex told me to run. So I run. You have to understand. I am no one special. I am just a single girl. I am five feet two inches tall and I am in-between in every way. But I have a secret. You can build walls all the way to the sky and I will find a way to fly above them. You can try to pin me down with a hundred thousand arms, but I will find a way to resist. And there are many of us out there, more than you think. People who refuse to stop believing. People who refuse to come to earth. People who love in a world without walls, people who love into hate, into refusal, against hope,and without fear. I love you. Remember. They cannot take it.”


View all my reviews

No comments :

Followers

Blog Archive