Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Book review - Lola and the boy next door by Stephaine Perkins


Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss, #2)Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

read  August  18- 20

Summary  -Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion...she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit--more sparkly, more fun, more wild--the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket--a gifted inventor--steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.


Review -    Meet  Lola  Nolan   she  believe  is  costume   she loves  dressing up  as  someone  different  every  day  .  Lola 's  Parents don't like   Lola's  boyfriend  Max   he's  in a  band  and he's  older  than her   but  it  all fine at sunday brunch when  she  notices  people moving  next door and hopes that it  isn't the bell twins    Cricket  Bell  broke  Lola's  heart   two years  ago  .  I loved this book so much   I loved Cricket  he is my new  book  boyfriend   .  Lola   works  at the movie theater  with  Anna and St. clair  , St.  clair  doesn't really  work  there at first  but he does  eventually   I loved that  they were in the book  .   Cricket  Bell  enters   Lola's life again    and  he   tells her  he's in love with  her   and  she wanted to  show him  that  she  doesn't care  but she  hurts him leads him  on does  things  she isn't  proud of  and    stays  with a  guy  who is  a jerk  and doesn't  approve of her  friendship with  Cricket   I didn't like  max at all first I thought  he was sweet  then he showed his true  colors  he's rude  and  he doesn't like  her best friend  Lindsey  . I was cheering on there realisonship  though this  book I was like Lola  I know you want to be  with  Cricket everyone does .  Then  Lola's  birth  mom has to stay with them  for awhile and she's mad  .  I loved that Cricket  and Lola  talked through there windows  all the time  it was cute   .  When St. Clair told  Lola that he's been  in  a similar  situation   so  Lola  breaks  up with max  but she doesn't want to be  with Cricket until she 's fine again like what    . Lola  fixes   colipe  outfit  and  they talk     and when it comes to the dance  Cricket shows up   and they kiss finally   I love them  together there so  cute  . I loved this  as much as anna  awesome  book .



Favorite  quotes  -  Lola, you were the only person  I wanted  there that night. I was crazy about you, but I didn't know what to do. It was paralzing . There were so many times when I wanted to take your hand , but.... I couldn't . That one small move felt impossible . Now I'm staring at my hands , too . I  would have let you take it . I know his voice cracks. Page 133

Remember that  that I  made  you  the  elevator  ?   he  suddenly   asks  I  gave  him  a faint  smile   .  How   could  I  forget ?   that  was  the   day I had  my first kiss  .  My smile   fades  .  I'm  better now .  he  sets   the  apple  beside  me .  At  kissing  just  so you  .  Page  135


I step  back into  him , my nose  against his  . Guess  what  ?  I  hiss  back  .  I am  a  liar .  I do  like  cricket  bell.  You're  right   . I've been  hanging out  with him  this whole time ! And he's  been in my  bedroom   , and I've been in his . And  I want  him  ,  Max  I want  him .  He's  shacking  with  rage  . Get .   out  .  I  grab my  purse   and  throw  open  his  front  door  .  I never   want to see you again  . His  voice is deathly  low  . You are  nothing to me  . Do you understand   Yes I say  . Thank you for making things so clear.  Page  254

Anna  Prods  St.  clair's  shoulder  . Come on . weren't you going to show me that thing ? what thing  ?  she stares at him . he  stares  back. She cocks   her head toward  cricket and me.  ah  , yes  St. clair stands that thing. they  rush out  . The door shuts, and  St. Clair shouts Lola  cricket  wants to show  you his thing too-oo!  page 295


View all my reviews

No comments :

Followers

Blog Archive