Sunday, August 24, 2014

Book review - if I stay by gale Forman

If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)If I Stay by Gayle Forman

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


August 13-23

Summary -The critically acclaimed, bestselling novel from Gayle Forman, author of Where She Went, Just One Day, and the forthcoming Just One Year.

On a day that started like any other, Mia had everything: a loving family, a gorgeous, admiring boyfriend, and a bright future full of music and full of choices. In an instant, almost all of that is taken from her. Caught between life and death, between a happy past and an unknowable future, Mia spends one critical day contemplating the only decision she has left. It is the most important decision she'll ever make.

Simultaneously tragic and hopeful, this is a romantic, riveting, and ultimately uplifting story about memory, music, living, dying, loving.


Review - I wanted to read If i stay before the movie came out it has officially came out I haven't seen it yet though I'm seeing it today I can't wait . If I stay is about Mia she is a cello player and on her way to being at juliard in new york and leaving her rocker boyfriend Adam one day Mia and her family are driving and it's snowing like really bad and they get into a car crash her entire family dies but she's kind of floating over her body like she is a ghost but not really what I loved about this book was the writing it was beautifully written this book is taken place in 24 hours so instead of chapters there is time . I love the Flashbacks like Adam and Mia's first date it was so cute Adam and Mia share the love of music and I love that . Mia's family are kind of rockers to Mia's dad was in a band with there family friend Henry and I love Henry's wife Willow she's awesome she's a nurse and she totally takes charge in getting Adam into see Mia . Mia fallows her body back to the hospital and through this she goes through surgery and sapose to be fine if she can breathe on her own . Now when Adam hears about Mia he has to get in to see her and Kim and Adam almost get arrested if it weren't for Willow , Adam and Kim get this rocker girl to come and cause a ruckus and that mean nurse gets them out and then Willow steps in and Adam talks to Mia and then he leaves he says he's going to come back . Kim talks to Mia and tells her even though her family has died she still has a family which was sweet and I started crying I love there friendship . Adam comes back and he tells her he wants her to stay and if she needed him to go he would then she's back she squeezes his hand and she's back I loved this book so much I cried I swooned at the romance it was very good .


Favorite quotes -


“If I stay. If I live. It’s up to me.
All this business about medically induced comas is just doctor talk. It’s not up to the doctors. It’s not up to the absentee angels. It’s not even up to God who, if He exists, is nowhere around right now. It’s up to me.”

“How am I supposed to decide this? How can I possibly stay without mom and dad? How can I leave without Teddy? Or Adam? This is too much. I don’t even understand how it all works, why I’m here in the state that I’m in or how to get out of it if I wanted to. If I were to say, I want to wake up, would I wake up right now? I’ve already tried snapping my heels to find Teddy and tried to beam myself to Hawaii, and that didn’t work. This seems a whole lot more complicated.
But in spite of that, I believe it’s true. I hear the nurse’s words again. I am running the show. Everyone’s waiting on me.
I decide. I know this now.
And this terrifies me more than anything else that has happened today.”


“But the you who you are tonight is the same you I was in love with yesterday, the same you I’ll be in love with tomorrow.”


I'm not sure this is a world I belong in anymore. I'm not sure that I want to wake up.



“If you stay, I'll do whatever you want. I'll quit the band, go with you to New York. But if you need me to go away, I'll do that, too. I was talking to Liz and she said maybe coming back to your old life would be too painful, that maybe it'd be easier for you to erase us. And that would suck, but I'd do it. I can lose you like that if I don't lose you today. I'll let you go. If you stay.”




View all my reviews

No comments :

Followers

Blog Archive