Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Book review : Arisotle and Dante disover the secrets of the universe by Benjamin alire saenz *Spoilers*

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the UniverseAristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

May 17-20

Summary-
A lyrical novel about family and friendship from critically acclaimed author Benjamin Alire Sáenz.

Aristotle is an angry teen with a brother in prison. Dante is a know-it-all who has an unusual way of looking at the world. When the two meet at the swimming pool, they seem to have nothing in common. But as the loners start spending time together, they discover that they share a special friendship—the kind that changes lives and lasts a lifetime. And it is through this friendship that Ari and Dante will learn the most important truths about themselves and the kind of people they want to be

This review  contains  spoilers !

Review- This book was amazing I loved it , it had so many messages in this this book it did have a perks of being a wallflower feel . So this is a book about Ari he's a very angry character so one summer when he goes to the pool he meets Dante who offers to teach him how to swim I loved these two characters so Ari and Dante start hanging out these two boys are very different but I loved them so much I also loved the families of these two boys . Ari doesn't understand his father cause he really doesn't talk he wants to get to know him but doesn't know how his brother is in prison and no one will talk about it Dante loves drawing and he's a very caring person and then the accident holy crap Ari saves Dante from getting hit by a car I mean who does that Ari's legs get run over and he doesn't want to talk about the accident . Dante gives Ari his sketchpad I thought that was sweet but Ari doesn't want to look at it I never understood that weird Dante is going to be moving away for 9 months cause his dad got this job offer Dante sends Ari this letters and in one of them he tells Ari he's gay and he doesn't know how to tell his dad cause he doesn't want to disappoint him . When Dante comes back Dante gets beat up for kissing a boy what a couple of douchebags and then Ari finds the guy and punches him . Dante kisses Ari as an experiment Ari says it doesn't work for him total lies I mean you don't kiss guys back your not into or in general if your not gay . When his dad confronts Ari and says in in love with Dante Ari starts crying cause he doesn't want to admit it but we all know he is so after bowling one night he and dante go look at the stars and Dante doesn't want to be friends with Ari cause it's to hard cause he's in love with him but then Ari kisses Dante I was crying at this point I loved this book so much I will be reading this book over and over again .

Quotes.
I took Dante's hand and held it.
How could I have ever been ashamed of loving Dante Quintana ?

From the minute I'd met Dante , I had fallen in love with him . I just didn't let myself know it , think it feel it . My father was right . And it was truth what my mother says . We all fight our own private wars.

My name's Dante , he said. that made me laugh harder . sorry I said
it's okay . people laugh at my name ,
No, no I said . see, it's just that my name's Aristotle .

there are worse things in the world than a boy who likes to kiss other boys .


View all my reviews

No comments :

Followers

Blog Archive