Sunday, May 24, 2015

Book review : Shatter me by Tahereh Mafi *Spoilers*

Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

May 21-24
Summary-
Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS !

      Review - Wow everyone talked about this book and I had tried to read it many times but just wasn't in the mood so one night at 2 am I started to read it and was hooked I couldn't stop reading this story . Juliette has been locked in an asylum alone cause when she touches people they get hurt so one day they give her a roommate a boy a boy she remember from school Adam Kent I loved Adam and Juliette they spend days together but she tells him that he can't touch her but doesn't give him a reason . Juliette has this journal where she keeps her feelings I'M NOT INSANE I'M NOT INSANE was one of them she screams awake allot and then one day she gets taken by Soldiers and she meets Warner a crazy 19 year old boy who fascinates me and Adam is one of the soldiers I was like what Warner wants Juliette to be his weapon for the reestablishment . I loved the writing in the book it was so poetic . Adam is in charge of taking care of Juliette she doesn't understand she likes Adam but doesn't want to hurt him cause of her touch . Warner uses Juliette he makes her use her touch on someone he shot a guy he's so crazy . Adam tells Juliette he can touch her how is he immune to her touch I still don't understand that they want to get out he joined this so he could find her the scene in the shower wow that's hot and he has the tattoo of the bird she dreamed about and he also dreamed about it how ? they plan to get out of here one day after Juliette and Adam were making out and Warner comes in he rips he dress and Adam points a gun to his head oh god they get out of there but Warner touched her how are two guys immune to her touch what ? they go to a safe place and we meet Adam's younger brother James who I love also then we find Kenji has end up at Adam's door I didn't like him at first but I grew to like him he stays with James until Adam and Juliette can find a car but Adam gets shot and Warner finds Juliette and she notices his gun they end up kissing which was interesting and she shot him found Adam by using her power cut him down and they got the hell out of there Kenji brought them all to a safe place and this place has people with differnt powers Kenji he can make himself invisible wow and there is this British guy who can electrocute Adam is fine they are safe but they are going to war I loved this book I can't wait to know what happens next .
Quotes -
I spent my life folded between the pages of books.
In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.


The moon is a loyal companion.
It never leaves. It’s always there, watching, steadfast, knowing us in our light and dark moments, changing forever just as we do. Every day it’s a different version of itself. Sometimes weak and wan, sometimes strong and full of light. The moon understands what it means to be human.
Uncertain. Alone. Cratered by imperfections.”


Raindrops are my only reminder that clouds have a heartbeat. That I have one, too.”

Girls are always talking about electricity in their romance, but none are too happy to actually be electrocuted, apparently. Bloody confusing, is what it is.”



This must be difficult for you.
Excuse me ?
Looking at my face . Realizing I was right you made the wrong decision . "He shrugs . "I understand . I'm not a proud man , you know . I'd be willing to forgive you.
I gape at him unsure whether to laugh or throw something. Don't make me touch you. He shakes his head . It's incredible how someone can look so right and feel so wrong . Kent is a lucky bastard.



View all my reviews

No comments :

Followers

Blog Archive