Saturday, May 30, 2015

Book review : Ignite me by Tahereh Mafi *Spoilers

Ignite MeIgnite Me by Tahereh Mafi
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

may 28-29

Summary
The heart-stopping conclusion to the New York Times bestselling Shatter Me series, which Ransom Riggs, author of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and Hollow City, called "a thrilling, high-stakes saga of self-discovery and forbidden love."

With Omega Point destroyed, Juliette doesn't know if the rebels, her friends, or even Adam are alive. But that won't keep her from trying to take down The Reestablishment once and for all. Now she must rely on Warner, the handsome commander of Sector 45. The one person she never thought she could trust. The same person who saved her life. He promises to help Juliette master her powers and save their dying world . . . but that's not all he wants with her.


Review- OKAY DON'T TOUCH ME AFTER READING THIS BOOK this book was my favorite of the series many reasons *cough* WARNER . Okay so this book was crazy so omega point has been destroyed and Juliette is thinking all her friends are dead and Warner takes her to where omega point once stood kenji is there holy crap was I so happy he was there and that he wasn't dead . So the only people living are Kenji , Adam , James , Winston , Brendon , Lily , Castle , Allia , and Ian . The rest were killed so Kenji starts to break down and Juliette picks him up oh my god one of my favorite scenes. He takes her to Adam's old place and I despised Adam in this book he was a freaking jackass so Juliette wants to fight and Adam thinks it's a loss cause and then warner shows up and Adam flips out. And Warner we know he's in love with Juliette but she doesn't want to admit she's in love with him she's attracted to him many times she would just stare at him one time he was in just a towel *BLUSHES* oh god so warner makes an offer to kenji and is like come with us and we will all fight against the reestablishment and Anderson and he doesn't agree at first but then he does . Kenji asks Juliette why she likes Warner cause he really wants to know I loved there friendship in this book there was this one scene where Juliette was just looking at warner working out I was laughing cause Kenji is like you have probably seen him in less and oh god this guy has an amazing closest . so Warner tells Juliette so everything I told you was a lie I didn't want to use you as weapon I wanted to study you cause my mother is very sick and they have a similar ability except his mother is more extreme she can't even touch herself so sad . And Juliette doesn't even know what to do with that then we find out where his scars come from his father whipped him holy shit what a bastard . So Adam was such a jerk to Juliette in this book she yells at him many times one time when kenji finally convinced adam to come with them it was so bad cause he was becoming phically abusive holy shit adam shut the hell up and I just wanted Juliette to just be with Warner at this point . But Adam made Kenji and Juliette touch WTF dude but then we find out she can control her touch and it was amazing then she goes to warner and she finally admits she loves him and then they have sexy fun times . Oh god so amazing oh the scene Warner finds out that Adam and him are related oh god I was so sure Warner was going to kill Adam cause Adam said his fathers name and Warner thought he was a spy but Juliette is like no you guys are brothers I don't know how they are going to break that to James I did like when James and warner first met so cute I loved the scene where she killed Anderson so badass and then she is in charge now and it ended so nice with just her and warner on the roof so cute I loved this series so much amazing ending Warnette for life .
Quotes-
Words, I think, are such unpredictable creatures.
No gun, no sword, no army or king will ever be more powerful than a sentence. Swords may cut and kill, but words will stab and stay, burying themselves in our bones to become corpses we carry into the future, all the time digging and failing to rip their skeletons from our flesh.”

You're not attracted to him ?
I'm attracted to you .
I'm serious , he says
so an I .
Warner's still staring at me . He blinks, once
Don't you believe me ? I ask .
He looks away .
Can't you tell ? I ask him . Can't you feel it ?
And I am either losing my mind or Warner just blushed

I don't think I've ever been more attracted to him in all the time I've known him.
kenji pulls up next to me . Nods at warner . So this gets you going , huh ?
I'm mortified.
Kenji barks out a laugh.
I've never seen him in sweatpants before . I try to sound normal . I've never seen him in shorts . Kenji raises an eyebrow at me . I bet you've seen him in less.
I want to die


I'm not falling for Warner , I say quietly
sure you aren't
I'm not , I insist . I'm just-I don't know . I sight I don't know what's happening to me .
They're called hormones .
I shoot him a dirty look . I'm serious.
Me too. He cocks his head at me me . That's like biological and shit . Scientific . Maybe your lady bits are scientifically confused . My lady bits ?
oh I'm sorry- Kenji pretends to look offended - would you rather I use he proper anatomical terminology ? cause you lady bits do not scare me .

So smooth , Lilly says to Kenji , and realize it's the first time I've really heard her speak . I bet you win over all the eligible woman by telling them they're like sister to you. I bet the ladies are just lining up to jump into bed with your punkass.
Rude . Kenji crosses his arms .
James is laughing . You see what I have to deal with ? Kenji says to him. There're so love for Kenji . I give and I give and I give , and get nothing in return . I need a woman who will appreciate all of this he says , gesturing to the length of his body.



there's a strange kind of freedom in the dark ; a terrifying venerability we allow ourselves at exactly the wrong moment , tricked by the darkness into thinking it will keep our secrets . We forget that the blackness is not not a blanket ; we forget that the sun will soon rise . But in the moment , at least we feel brave enough to say things we'd never say in the light

“Why do you call her 'love'?" James asks. "I've heard you say that before, too. A lot. Are you in love with her? I think Adam's in love with her. Kenji's not in love with her, though. I already asked him."
Warner blinks at him.
"Well?" James asks.
"Well what?"
"Are you in love with her?"
"Are you in love with her?"
"What?" James blushes. "No. She's like a million years older than me."
"Would anyone else like to take over this conversation?" Warner asks, looking around the group.”


“And we are quotation marks, inverted and upside down, clinging to one another at the end of this life sentence. Trapped by lives we did not choose.”


Are you out of your goddamn mind? You think we can take on two hundred soldiers? I know I am an extremely attractive man, J, but I am not Bruce Lee.”
“Who’s Bruce Lee?”
“Who’s Bruce Lee?” Kenji asks, horrified. “Oh my God. We can’t even be friends anymore.”
“Why? Was he a friend of yours?”
“You know what,” he says, “just stop. Just—I can’t even talk to you right now.”


The tattoo is just setting below his hp bone.
H e l l i s e m p t y
a n d a l l t h e d e v i l s a r e h e r e

I kiss my way across the words.
Kissing away the devils.
Kissing away the pain.”



You’re a coward,” he whispers. “You want to be with me and it terrifies you. And you’re ashamed,” he says. “Ashamed you could ever want someone like me. Aren’t you?” He drops his gaze and his nose grazes mine and I can almost count the millimeters between our lips. I’m struggling to focus, trying to remember that I’m mad at him, mad about something, but his mouth is right in front of mine and my mind can’t stop trying to figure out how to shove aside the space between us.
“You want me,” he says softly, his hands moving up my back, “and it’s killing you.”
I jerk backward, breaking away, hating my body for reacting to him, for falling apart like this. My joints feel flimsy, my legs have lost their bones. I need oxygen, need a brain, need to find my lungs—
“You deserve so much more than charity,” he says, his chest heaving. “You deserve to live. You deserve to be alive.” He’s staring at me, unblinking.
“Come back to life, love. I’ll be here when you wake up.”


“Stop.
Stop time.
Stop the world.
Stop everything for the moment he crosses the room and pulls me into his arms and pins me against the wall and I'm spinning and standing and not even breathing but I'm alive so very very alive.


“When are you putting me down?" he counters, no longer amused. "I mean, I've got an excellent view of your ass from here, but if you don't mind me staring -"
I drop him without thinking.
"Goddammit, Juliette - what the hell -"
"How's the view from down there?" I stand over his splayed body, arms crossed over my chest.
"I hate you.”



No comments :

Followers

Blog Archive