Thursday, May 14, 2015

Book review: Simon vs . the Homo Sapiens Agenenda By Becky Alvertalli *Spoilers*

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens AgendaSimon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

* May 8-14
Summary - Sixteen-year-old and not-so-openly gay Simon Spier prefers to save his drama for the school musical. But when an email falls into the wrong hands, his secret is at risk of being thrust into the spotlight. Now Simon is actually being blackmailed: if he doesn’t play wingman for class clown Martin, his sexual identity will become everyone’s business. Worse, the privacy of Blue, the pen name of the boy he’s been emailing, will be compromised.With some messy dynamics emerging in his once tight-knit group of friends, and his email correspondence with Blue growing more flirtatious every day, Simon’s junior year has suddenly gotten all kinds of complicated. Now, change-averse Simon has to find a way to step out of his comfort zone before he’s pushed out—without alienating his friends, compromising himself, or fumbling a shot at happiness with the most confusing, adorable guy he’s never met.

 THIS REVIEW CONTAINS  SPOILERS !

Review- OH MY GOD THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING . This book is about Simon he is gay but not out he started talking to this boy name Blue he met on Tumblr he goes to Simon's school but he doesn't know who Blue is .Simon get's blackmailed by Martin who reads Simon's emails from Blue this guy is a jerk I mean who does something like that and he said he wants Simon to set him up with Abby one of Simon's best friends or Martin is going to out him what a freaking jerk but he has to do it . Some of my favorite parts were the emails between Blue and Simon they were so cute .Simon wants to meet Blue but Blue isn't ready yet . Simon isn't out yet and he wants to tell people but he's not ready Simon tells Abby first I think he told Abby first because she's a new friend Where Nick and Leah he's known forever . I Really thought I knew who Blue was going to be but I totally got it wrong Blue tells Simon that he knows who he might think he is . So Simon finally tells his family he is gay but Martin the freaking Jackass totally outs him on creak secrets what an ass I couldn't stand his guy just cause Abby rejected him . Simon gets a t-shirt on his locker from Blue and then Simon , Abby, and Nick go out to a gay bar and Simon flirts with this college guy oh my god drunk Simon is so funny . So Simon notices in the t-shirt Blue gave him that his number is in it so he emails Blue and tells him to go to the carnival I was so sure he wasn't going show but he does he sits right next to him and it's Bram this soccer guy that Simon always says is cute I was so happy that it was him they are so cute together they go to the grocery store and eat oreos and milk so adorable and then there officially dating they are so cute I love them together this book made me so happy I want to get my own copy soon .
Quotes-And then I kiss him for real, and he kisses me back, and his hands fist my hair. And we're kissing like it's breathing. My stomach flutters wildly. And somehow we end up horizontal, his hands curved up around my back. "I like this," I say, and my voice comes out breathless. "We should do this. Every day.""Okay.""Let's never do anything else. No school. No meals. No homework.""I was going to ask you to see a movie," he says, smiling. When he smiles, I smile."No movies. I hate movies.""Oh, really?""Really, really. Why would I want to watch other people kissing," I say, "when I could be kissing you?”

The way I feel about him is like a heartbeat -- soft and persistent, underlying everything.” “White shouldn't be the default any more than straight should be the default. There shouldn't even be a default.”

View all my reviews

No comments :

Followers

Blog Archive